>> Time is of the essence in most kitchen and any ways that can help cut corners - without compromising on quality - are always welcome.
Country Range cooked chicken fillets do exactly that, saving vital cooking time and providing perfect results every time.
This month, our development chef Nigel Smith has been experimenting with these time-saving wonders and has created two deliciously quick dishes which are certain to be a sure-fi re hit. He says: "The Country Range cooked chicken fillets are perfect for kitchens under pressure who need a quick turnaround. They offer guaranteed portion control, size uniformity and they eliminate the possibility of causing food poisoning through undercooking.
"They're particularly good for stir-fries as you can put all the ingredients in the wok at the same time rather than having to cook the chicken first."
Fried chicken breast with a crispy coating
- Fully defrost the cooked chicken breast then split in half by placing between two sheets of cling fi lm and lightly battening it out until thin.
- Toss in fl our and then into the beaten egg, coat in breadcrumbs both sides and leave to one side.
- Place splash of oil into a hot frying pan, place the coated chicken and seal until golden brown on both sides. When golden place 25g of butter on top.
- Place into a hot oven (165°C) for 10 minutes to ensure the breadcrumb coating is cooked all the way through and is crispy and golden.
- To make the sauce, add the white wine vinegar into a small pan and bring to the boil, reduce by half, add splash of cream and then whisk in the remaining butter on a gentle heat. Add the capers and warm, then add the mustard and season.
- Remove chicken from the oven, drain onto Country Range blue roll.
- Place onto a plate and serve the sauce around, serve straight away.
Tip: You can add a little pesto around the plate for extra flavour and colour if you wish to.
- 1 cooked Country Range chicken breast, split in half
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 50g Country Range breadcrumbs
- 50g Country Range plain seasoned flour
- Splash of Country Range olive oil
- 75g Country Range butter
- 1 tsp Country Range capers
- 2 tbsp of Country Range white wine
- 1tsp Country Range white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Country Range coarse grain mustard
- Splash of double cream
Article taken from Jan / Feb 2014 issue of Stir it up magazine. Get your copy here